Taste of Arlington Raises Thousands For Charity
The 30th annual Taste of Arlington presented by Courthaus Social continued its tradition of attracting thousands to Ballston for great craft beer, local food and live music while raising thousands of dollars for a great cause!
More than 20,000 people attended the event held in Ballston which raised $25,000 for the Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC), a community-based nonprofit that provides supplemental groceries to Arlingtonians in need. Since partnering with AFAC on this event, the Ballston BID had donated more than $85,000 to support this valuable organization.
Thank you to our 400 volunteers who made the event possible! It takes a lot of people to successfully produce a festival of this magnitude—helping with everything from setting up tables and chairs to pouring beer.
This year’s event featured 30 craft beers, more than 50 restaurants and food trucks, 60 company booths, more than 100 sponsors, and music from 4 great bands.
Once again we had celebrity judges picking the “Taste of Arlington Best of the Best” winners in a number of categories. This year’s winners include:
- Best Appetizer: Yona won for their Crispy Chicken and Pork Steamed Buns.
- Best Fast Casual: Couthaus Social won for their Mini Crispy Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches.
- Best Fine Dining: McComick & Schmick’s won for their Coconut Hand Battered Shrimp with Orange Marmalade with Tropical Fruit Salad and Rosemary Garlic Fries.
- Best Dessert: NiceCream won for their Single cups of liquid nitrogen ice cream.
- Fan Favorite went to Big Buns for "The Collaboration" Burger - 3 oz Angus Beef Burger on a Brioche Bun with Cheddar Cheese, Lettuce, Beefsteak Tomato, Housemade Bacon Jam and House Pickled Red Onions.
Thank you to our judges! We know it wasn’t easy to choose winners with so many delicious options.
Check out some highlights on our facebook photo gallery.
Don’t forget to Save the Date for the 31st Annual Taste of Arlington on Sunday May 20th, 2018. We hope to see you there!